Join our gene pool.
Mobile Product Designer
Mountain View, CA, United States
Genetic testing is making it possible for each of us to understand our bodies in ways that were unimaginable only 10 years ago. 23andMe is leading the way in making this information accessible, understandable, and actionable to consumers.
Our growing Product Design team is looking for an exceptional Mobile Product Designer to help build beautifully functional experiences that help individuals gain insight into and take action on their personal genetic information. Your work will help millions of people make impactful life changes.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Be the mobile lead on our product design team.
- Design end-to-end user experiences optimized for native mobile apps and mobile web – from early prototypes, through wireframing and visual design, and final implementation.
- Collaborate with the design, product, engineering, science and marketing teams to develop new products and evolve existing features.
- Contribute to the development of our product style guidelines and design system and advocate consistent application of design standards across experiences.
- Use your interpersonal communication skills to clearly present, articulate and defend design decisions and recommendations, both within small cross-functional teams and to our leadership team.
Who you are
- A designer who has 5+ years hands-on experience working on shipped consumer products delivered via native iOS and/or Android apps and mobile web.
- You love interaction design - motion, transitions and the detailed experiences that make users smile.
- You obsess over meticulous details that culminate into scalable user-centered experiences.
- You are proficient with industry standard design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Adobe CC, Invision, Principle); Bonus if you experiment in apps like Framer or front-end code.
- You are empathetic towards users and want to contribute to something meaningful that truly impacts the lives of our customers.
What you’ll bring
- Deep knowledge of design considerations, patterns, standards and best practices across native iOS and/or Android and responsive web. You know how to support multiple size and density screens.
- Links to your portfolio (website or .PDF), resume, prototypes and/or live app references that you’ve designed.
- At least one project case study showing your design process from beginning to end, including a summary of how experiments, testing or insights influenced the final result.
- A brief introduction letter that includes a few of your favorite user experiences and a few notes on why you love them.
What we offer
- A respectful, fun, collaborative, dog-friendly work environment
- Fitness sessions like yoga, pilates and strength training in our onsite company gym
- Organic lunches five days a week from a talented local chef
- Healthy snacks and beverages stocked in every kitchen
- After-hours intramural sports teams
- Standing desks
- CalTrain GoPass
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flex spending account option for health and/or dependent care expenses
- Life insurance, short-term disability and a 401(k) with employer match
- Vacation and sick leave accrual and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement program
- A 23andMe DNA kit to get you started learning about your own genetics
- And more!
23andMe, Inc. is the leading personal genetics company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has over 2 million customers worldwide with ~85 percent consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.