Join our gene pool.
Head of Recruiting
Mountain View, CA, United States
Our new Head of Recruiting will be responsible for defining and leading 23andMe’s talent acquisition strategy to support our rapid growth and strengthen our recruiting model and programs. This newly created role has the awesome responsibility to attract and recruit the absolute best talent in the world to 23andMe. He/She will lead our recruiting offense, scale our rockstar recruiting team, and bring innovative recruiting practices to deliver against our aggressive hiring plans. This is one of those rare chances in your career to help lead the overall talent strategy for a fast growing, mission based, life changing company and you’ll be joining a fun team of smart and highly engaged colleagues!
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Develop recruiting strategies and programs that ensure an ongoing pipeline of top talent to fill positions at all levels in the organization including strategic and executive positions
- Provide expert guidance, facilitation and collaboration for all hiring leaders to recruit, identify, select, onboard, and retain highly skilled, best in class candidates
- Provide leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to the Recruiting team and hiring managers on interviewing best practices, offer recommendations, negotiating/creating job offers, closing, and administrative functions involved in full cycle recruiting
- Manage external recruitment resources to assure appropriate coverage for our recruitment strategy
- Design, implement and maintain the appropriate processes, tools, systems and trainings necessary to scale and support the recruiting function
- Create a strategic plan and organizational model that provides a unique menu of talent services designed to operate at a scale and efficiency for the business and talent acquisition function
- Build talent communities and talent pipelines for critical skill areas and diversity sourcing efforts, that yield into hiring outcomes for the business
- Manage efficient, fast-paced full-cycle recruiting operations that support 23andMe’s rapid growth plans
- Keep abreast of external trends and innovative recruiting and sourcing techniques in order to be competitive in state-of-the-art recruiting practices; introduce predictive analytics to the organization
- Develop and implement employer branding efforts and strategy for 23andMe
- Develop and implement workforce plans, refine hiring forecasting capabilities, and establish and report on key recruiting metrics to measure team effectiveness and provide data-driven, actionable insights
What you’ll bring
- Driven, positive, can do attitude, that doesn’t accept the status quo. Disrupting healthcare requires a first principles thinking approach to everything we do
- Plenty of broad recruiting and leadership experience in Talent Acquisition/Recruiting or Human Resources, with at least 5+ years of managing teams
- A successful track-record of recruiting management at a rapidly growing technology
- Demonstrated experience creating and executing a metrics-driven, consultative service oriented recruiting strategy for a global organization
- Deep expertise in social media, digital marketing and recruiting platforms/ATS tools, and employer brand best practices
- Strong interpersonal savvy and self-awareness with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Undergraduate degree in something interesting or equivalent professional experience preferred
- You’ll thrive at 23andMe by striking the right balance between flexibility and efficiency, relationship management and influencing
23andMe, Inc. is the leading personal genetics company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has over 2 million customers worldwide with ~85 percent consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.