Join our gene pool.
Mountain View, California, United States
Our new Recruiting Partner will play a pivotal role in attracting and recruiting the absolute best talent in the world to 23andMe. He/she will bring strong business savvy, an innovative mindset, and a commitment to providing an unforgettable candidate experience. If this is you, let’s talk! This is a unique opportunity to help drive the overall talent strategy for a fast growing, mission-based, life-changing company. You will be joining a rockstar team of smart and highly engaged colleagues and you will play a key role in the growth of 23andMe.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Manage efficient, fast-paced full-cycle recruiting operations that support 23andMe’s rapid growth plans focused on providing a great candidate experience at every opportunity
- Partner with hiring managers to anticipate and assess their talent requirements and collaborate on the best hiring strategy
- Develop and manage recruiting searches to include developing recruitment strategies, managing job postings/advertising, sourcing passive candidates, coordinating diversity and inclusive recruitment outreach, reviewing resumes, and screening/interviewing candidates
- Conduct behavioral-based interviews to assess technical baseline as well as skills to be successful in the 23andMe team culture
- Build talent communities and talent pipelines for critical skill areas and diversity sourcing efforts, that yield into hiring outcomes for the business
- Provide guidance and tools to managers throughout the search process, including how to conduct interviews and extend offers
- Help to implement employer branding efforts for 23andMe
- University Relations: Help execute a university program to create strong relationships and pipelines with top schools; manage on-campus events and career fairs; design creative ways to engage talent on campus
What you’ll bring
- Driven, positive, can-do attitude, that doesn’t accept the status quo. Disrupting healthcare requires a first principles thinking approach to everything we do
- Minimum 3 years full cycle recruiting/sourcing experience in tech, biotech or related industry; Experience in recruiting university candidates (internships and full-time) preferred
- Undergraduate degree in something interesting or equivalent professional experience preferred
- Experience sourcing candidates through multiple channels
- Passion/interest and understanding of science and technology
- Expertise in social media, digital marketing, and recruiting platforms/tools, and employer brand best practices
- Strong interpersonal savvy and self-awareness with strong written and verbal communication skills
- You’ll thrive at 23andMe by striking the right balance between flexibility and efficiency, relationship management and influencing
- Ability to travel to find the best talent on the planet
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.