Join our gene pool.
Scientific Researcher / Sr. Scientific Researcher, in vivo Biology
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who we are
Genetic testing makes it possible for each of us to understand our bodies in ways that were unimaginable only ten years ago. 23andMe continues to lead the way in making this information accessible, understandable and actionable for our customers, most of whom have consented to participate in research. This consumer-driven research model is powered by a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information that has the potential to improve human health through advances in genomics.
23andMe's Therapeutics team is committed to discovering and developing new therapies that can offer significant benefits for patients. This dedicated research and development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database, generates lead compounds for these targets and performs preclinical research to advance programs for clinical development. The team currently has research programs across several therapeutic areas, including oncology, skin, respiratory and cardiovascular disease.
We are seeking an outstanding Scientific Researcher or Sr. Scientific Researcher to join a collaborative team responsible for the biological characterization of drug targets and the preclinical development of drug compounds. Successful candidates will bring hands-on experience in rodent in vivo studies such as PK, PD, toxicology and disease models.
What you'll do
- Design and conduct in vivo studies to support therapeutic drug development such as PK, PD, toxicology and disease models
- Develop and validate new in vivo models as required
- Interpret, record, and present complex biological data
What you'll bring
- BS or MS degree in biological sciences or related field
- 3+ years of experience with animal models of disease (oncology, inflammation, autoimmunity, or cardiovascular)
- Extensive experience with drug delivery procedures (IV, IP, SC, PO) and blood and tissue collection
- Ability to work collaboratively on multiple projects, concurrently
- Proficiency in animal welfare and local, state, and federal guidelines for animal care and use in research
- Strong organizational and written/oral communication skills
- Innovative thinker and problem solver
- Independent, proactive and highly self-motivated
Note: Job title will be commensurate with experience and academic credentials.
Bonus points if you bring one or more of the following:
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience
- Experience with antibody therapeutics
- Experience analyzing ex vivo samples via flow cytometry
- Familiarity with histological techniques
- Execution of PK studies
- Experience with surgical techniques
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has more than 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://mediacenter.23andme.com/therapeutics/.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.