Join our gene pool.
Contract Manufacturing Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
As a Contract Manufacturing Manager at 23andMe, you will be responsible for managing and optimizing 3rd party assembly and distribution operations. Your approach to optimizing total cost of ownership will provide a huge impact on the customer experience while also contributing to the bottom line. The ideal candidate will have a background in manufacturing operations, experience working with outside suppliers, and be a process expert with a background in automation, lean six sigma processes.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Who you are
You are passionate about being a part of our mission. You can be both strategic and tactical. You love to execute in a lean-startup way. You come up with solution-driven initiatives, while also thinking big. You bring more to the table than what is asked. You seek guidance and expertise from cross-functional team members. You are not afraid of failure, and you take calculated risks. You want to join a team of people pioneering consumer genetics.
What you’ll do
- Develop assembly and fulfillment strategy and implement across multiple external suppliers
- Lead RFX processes from concept inception through implementation
- Manage 3rd party sites to optimize scalability and cost through improved production flow, efficiencies, and yields while maintaining the highest levels of quality
- Perform periodic cost improvement ideas in terms of DFM or alternative technology platforms
- Drive initiatives for Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, and productivity improvements
- Introduce and implement SPC techniques and associated measurement and control systems as appropriate
- Provide direction, leadership, and technical support for supply chain, including technical analysis of current and future product configuration changes to enhance product manufacturability
- Promote customer satisfaction and enhanced end-customer experience
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What you’ll bring
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of related Contract Manufacturing and diverse Supply Chain experience (procurement, engineering, planning, quality, etc). Previous experience with direct manufacturing leadership is strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of production/process technologies like Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen etc.
- Experience leading/managing Contract Manufacturers and Original Design Manufacturers
- Experience with finance and analytics, cost modeling and negotiation experience
- Leadership, sound judgment, and solid technical problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of achieving results in a cross-functional environment
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.