Join our gene pool.
Sr. Web Developer
Mountain View, California, United States
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Combining computer science, genetics, social media, and informatics, 23andMe is at the forefront of a new era in personal genetics. This is your chance to join a talented, ambitious team that is crafting truly novel technologies and products that will change the way people see themselves and the world. We’re looking for a passionate Senior Web Developer to help persuade, delight and introduce the world to the power of personal genetics.
Answering these questions can help determine if you qualify…
- Are you a web developer committed to elegant, reliable, and intuitive software?
- Do you like solving challenging technical problems that come with building a highly intuitive product?
- Do you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment with tight-knit project teams?
- Do you have exceptional analytical, debugging/troubleshooting, coding, and communication skills?
- Does working for a company that is on the cusp of something truly transformative bring you excitement?
What you'll bring
- 4+ years of experience as a front-end web developer working in a consumer-facing environment
- Superb communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently to deliver well-designed, high-quality code on time
- Collaborative attitude on maintaining standard methodologies, adopting new standards, and advancing skills with other front-end developers
- Appreciation for excellent user experiences and the dedication to exceed customer expectations
If you have an interest in biology and/or you’ve worked with any of the following or related technologies:
- Responsive and adaptive designs
- Sass and SMACSS
- Writing tests with Enzyme and Jest
- Website performance tools and analysis
- Web content accessibility guidelines
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back