Join our gene pool.
Scientific Researcher / Sr. Scientific Researcher, Antibody Engineering
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Our Therapeutics team is committed to discovering and developing new therapies that can offer significant benefits for patients. This dedicated research and development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database, generates lead compounds for these targets and performs preclinical research to advance programs for clinical development. The team currently has research programs across several therapeutic areas, including oncology, skin, respiratory and cardiovascular disease.
We are seeking an excellent Scientific Researcher or Senior Scientific Researcher with strong expertise in antibody or protein engineering, antibody purification and characterization to collaborate on a cross-functional research team responsible for the discovery, characterization and development of antibodies to support our therapeutic programs. Successful candidates will be researchers with a passion for discovery, possess a solid track record, and excel at managing multiple projects.
What you’ll do
- Develop process and assays to generate and characterize antibodies against target antigens that are difficult to express and purify
- Collaborate with project leaders to ensure timely and efficient progress of antibody development campaigns by coordinating efforts among Antibody Engineering, Hybridoma and Protein Sciences groups
- Develop and execute biochemical and cell-based assays to validate drug targets
- Document and communicate experimental results/project updates to team members and senior staff
- Communicate and collaborate with other co-workers effectively
What you’ll bring
- Ph.D. in Biophysics, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related discipline or a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with 5+ years of industry experience
- Expertise in protein chemistry, purification, biochemical/biophysical and biological characterization
- Critical thinking with high degree of analytical skills and excellent ability to troubleshoot
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills with an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Industry work experience
- Experience and expertise in therapeutic antibody development
- Experience in membrane proteins and protein engineering
- Proven track record via high quality publications and/or patent applications
Note: Job title will be commensurate with experience and academic credentials.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.