Join our gene pool.
2019 Summer Internships
Therapeutics Summer Intern - Protein Chemistry
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Design and conduct liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS) based experiments under parallel reaction monitoring (PRM) mode to quantify protein/biomarker
- Perform method validation and analyze mass spectrometry data
- Work on target enrichment using automated liquid handing system
- Involve in method development and troubleshooting
- Work with manager/ senior scientific researcher on a project to support drug development and/or technology development
- Present and discuss results of experiments within department and project team
- Keep accurate and complete laboratory documentation and electronic files
What you’ll learn
- Learn advanced analytical techniques for pharmacokinetics and biomarker analysis including design of experiment, analytical sample preparation workflow and data analysis etc.
- Experience working in an industrial laboratory environment
- Gain exposure to drug discovery and development in industry
- Hands-on experience with Mass Spectrometry (MS) and Liquid Chromatography (LC) on protein and peptide analysis
- Experience with Mass Spectrometry data analysis
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to troubleshoot
- Have strong initiative and drive to develop and enhance cutting-edge technologies in area of biotherapeutics
- Must be enrolled in an academic program pursuing a Master's or PhD in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Pharmaceutical science or related field.
- Summer Program is full-time (~40 hrs/wk) for at least 10 weeks and is paid
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.