Join our gene pool.
Email Marketing Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
23andMe is seeking an experienced Email Marketing Manager to join the growing Marketing team. The Email Marketing Manager will focus on managing and executing marketing campaigns that drive revenue and engagement from our database. The Email Marketing Manager will help execute testing strategies in campaign content, design, segmentation and frequency to optimize for conversion. The position reports into the Sr. Manager, Lifecycle Marketing.
You are motivated, organized, results-oriented who live and breath email. You think outside the box and not afraid to break down barriers. Like us, you are mission-driven and passionate about improving our collective health through genetics.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Execute all aspects of the email deployment process from pulling email audiences, uploading content, QA, launch, and monitoring email delivery.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to get the email designed and approved: Creative, Brand, Legal, Product, etc.
- Manage and prioritize campaigns milestones and launch dates
- Develop and optimize triggered email communications to deliver timely and relevant messages
- Set up and execute A/B testing to improve key metrics like open rates, click thru rates and conversion rates
- Troubleshoot issues with our ESP
- Implement and ensure adherence to Email Marketing & CRM Best Practices
- Work with analysts to ensure campaign and program tracking, reporting and optimization
What you'll bring
- 4+ years of experience in executing and managing CRM campaigns, preferably with a digital or direct response agency or an ESP
- Experience with a CRM system, ideally with Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Proven experience in setting-up behavior-based lifecycle CRM programs
- Experience in mobile and other channels is a plus
- Analytical thinker with a firm understanding of email testing/optimization
- Familiarity with email design and coding concepts (HTML, CSS, Sketch)
- Familiarity with marketing analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Strong interpersonal, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, reliable team player with strong initiative and the ability to thrive in high-intensity, rapidly changing environment
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back