Join our gene pool.
Mountain View, California, United States
23andMe is looking for an exceptional Logistics Manager who will be responsible for both the strategy and day to day execution of global logistic providers for 23andMe. Enabling our exponential growth by balancing quality, service, and cost appropriately, this individual will deliver an exceptional customer experience from kit delivery through the return to our labs for processing.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Who you are
You are passionate about being a part of our mission. You can be both strategic and tactical. You love to execute in a lean-startup way. You come up with solution-driven initiatives, while also thinking big. You bring more to the table than what is asked. You seek guidance and expertise from cross-functional team members. You are not afraid of failure, and you take calculated risks. You want to join a team of people pioneering consumer genetics.
What you’ll do
- Manage all aspects of logistics including vendor management, service level agreements, KPI reporting, freight bill audit and payment, resolution of all operational and customer service problems.
- Drive logistics initiatives from concept through to project completion within time, cost, and quality constraints. Lead project team meetings, drive cross-functional communication and decision making and ensure alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Organizational subject matter expert for import and export activities.
- Establish/improve relevant quality standards, SOP’s and WI’s as needed.
- Ensure all established cost, quality, and delivery commitments are met.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor degree in Business Operations, Logistics or Supply Chain Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience directly managing global logistic activities.
- Experience managing outsourced logistics functions.
- Ability to manage RFQ process with demonstrated success establishing and negotiating domestic/international service contracts.
- Experience in a regulated industry.
- Must have direct experience servicing retail accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to lead within a matrix organization and to manage multiple organizational interfaces and stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with success in working across organizations at all levels.
- A self-starter attitude with a high tolerance for ambiguity.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back