Join our gene pool.
Product Manager, Social Features
Mountain View, California, United States
We’re looking for a consumer Product Manager to own social features at 23andMe.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Drive a pipeline of product features and enhancements related to DNA Relatives, Profile, Messaging, and Connections
- Constantly refine priorities to ensure alignment with company goals
- Communicate priorities, requirements, plans, and project status to key stakeholders, leads, and executives on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate with research and engineering and design to plan, build, and launch features; facilitate communication, organization, and task management from concept through launch
- Drive product innovation and decision making through the use of data, design sense, and empathy towards 23andMe’s customers
- Incorporate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to maximize user satisfaction
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (i.e.: Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) or equivalent technical work experience.
- 3+ years product management experience
- Experience designing simple and intuitive user interfaces – ability to create examples through wireframes and mockups
- Superb communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Friendly, flexible and a team player
- Innovative thinker and problem solver
- Outstanding commitment to customer service and quality
- Independent, proactive and self-driven
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Advanced degree in engineering, business, or science
- Experience developing social products, technologies and platforms is strongly desired
- Experience building consumer products on iOS and Android applications
- Experience working within strong privacy, compliance or regulated medical device constraints
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web applications
- Strong skills with data and metrics
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back