Join our gene pool.
Senior Brand Manager
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is looking for an outstanding Senior Brand Manager. As we continue to establish leadership and market penetration in the emerging, high-growth category of direct-to-consumer genetic testing, you will be tasked with developing and optimizing campaigns that both drive strong sales, as well as build the brand.
The ideal candidate is a strong leader who has extensive experience in performance-oriented advertising for a strong, growing brand. At 23andMe, you will be responsible for setting the strategy and executing the creative for marketing campaigns designed to generate sales, while doing so in a way that builds brand recognition with consumers. You will identify innovative ways to communicate the benefits and value of a complex product and move consumers down the purchase funnel. You will work across marketing channels to develop integrated go-to-market plans for these campaigns and work with creative teams internally and externally to develop brand-building content and world-class acquisition-focused advertising. This role will report to the Director of Brand Marketing.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Lead acquisition-focused marketing campaigns end-to-end, from strategy through to execution, across channels and across functions. You will roll up your sleeves to work with other teams to deliver world-class creative executions.
- Work closely with our Consumer Insights Team to understand key consumer needs, barriers, and insights, in order to develop effective strategies for driving the business. Identify key levers and messages that will deliver the right combination of product information and motivation to acquire the customer.
- Working with the Media Team and channel owners, develop strong acquisition media/creative plans across all channels (offline, digital, events, retail, etc.) to acquire new customers.
- Collaborate with our Analytics Team to measure results of campaigns overall and individual tactics specifically. Set up optimization tests to inform creative improvements and measure effectiveness. Institute rigorous test-and-learn methodology to achieve desired results and communicate learnings with the broader marketing team and across the organization.
- Partner closely with external creative agencies, as well as internal graphic designers, copywriters, freelancers, and other departments to ensure effective, creative development. Lead creative briefings for campaigns.
- Manage the execution of all creative assets. Ensure messaging and visualization are consistent across platforms and with key brand tenets.
- Help to create an annual marketing plan with key performance initiatives to support business strategies and deliver results.
- Identify and work with strategic, innovative external partners and brands to strengthen the creative message and add credibility.
What you’ll bring
- 7-10+ years of experience in performance-oriented advertising/marketing with a recognizable and growing consumer brand(s).
- Strong track record in a leadership role where you have influenced others on strategy and creative execution.
- Ability to structure thinking around both long-term goals and short-term deliverables and opportunities.
- Strong analytical and quantitative chops. A proven track record of testing, optimizing and delivering results.
- Passion for working in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Ability to plan and lead marketing programs from concept to completion cross-functionally.
- Experience working with designers, copywriters and creative agencies - either on the client-side or the agency side.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Track record of delivering results in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Start-up experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.