Join our gene pool.
Executive Assistant - Business Development
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Who You Are
This is an Executive Assistant role supporting the Vice President, Business Development. This person provides a wide range of administrative support tasks and works both independently and within a team environment.
This individual will bring strong project management skills and a proactive attitude. He/she will need to manage ambiguity and multiple priorities. The utmost confidentiality is imperative, as this role will be privy to confidential information.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Manage busy calendars, prioritize and schedule (and reschedule!) meetings and conference calls. Practice sound judgment in prioritizing exec’s time.
- Actively manage exec’s inbox, including accurately discerning/flagging priority levels, organizing messages, and removing clutter
- Prepare daily agenda and briefing materials for external and internal meetings, with a discerning eye towards surfacing the relevant key points for each meeting
- Assist in drafting correspondence, memoranda, and other work product
- Effectively book travel plans and create detailed itineraries
- Act as the external contact point, providing phone and email support, screening and follow-up on phone calls and voicemails; make high-level contacts of a sensitive nature inside and outside the company
- Coordinate both on and off-site meetings - travel planning, site selection/prep, menus, and meeting attendee logistics
- Proactively anticipate the needs of the team and connect the dots on meeting attendees and preparation of meeting materials in advance
- Participate in external and internal meetings. Take meeting notes as needed, synthesize strategic priorities, distribute timely and follow-up on action items
- Manage mail, invoices, and follow-up
- Prepare and submit expense reports
- Plan, coordinate and collaborate on special projects and team events
- Handle confidential and sensitive information with confidentiality and utmost integrity
- Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years' experience supporting at the executive level
- Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent calendar management and proactive planning skills
- Advanced knowledge of computer programs and Google Docs; highly adept at using technology for efficiency and efficacy
- Experience scheduling domestic and international travel arrangements
- Experience working with external contacts at a high level
- Expert-level written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when working with highly sensitive or confidential information
- Excellent judgment and discretion, and strong decision-making ability
- Ability to prioritize and understand how to co-manage other team members and work effectively with executives
- Acute attention to accuracy and detail in all aspects of responsibilities
- Ability to interact with people, at all levels, in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, and resourceful, with a high level of professionalism
- High emotional intelligence and strong drive/proven ability to constantly iterate and look for ways to improve/optimize on current procedures
- Self-starter with the ability to identify needs as well as potential solutions
- Ability to recognize and anticipate problems before they manifest / mitigate with appropriate remedies and follow-up as needed
- The workload tends to have spikes to it, requiring bursts of speed to keep up with priority needs, as well as the ability to maintain an even temperament and high work quality despite any increase in pressure. The ability to work well in an environment that stresses team play as an important element in balancing the workload is a must.
- Experience or strong interest in healthcare
- Prior experience in a start-up or small company environment
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back