What will you be empowered to do?
Sr. Financial Analyst - Corporate
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Our FP&A team is looking for an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to join the Corporate FP&A function at a fast paced, innovative company in the genetics and healthcare space. Reporting to Manager, FP&A, you will gain invaluable experience with visibility into 23andMe’s business and operations and have a large impact within the organization. The role will assist in monthly, quarterly and annual forecasting, analysis and reporting, and be an active contributor in developing, improving and maintaining our FP&A systems, processes and tools.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Who You Are
- You are organized, take initiative, and can juggle multiple tasks at once.
- You are exceptionally detail oriented, analytically driven, and have the highest standards of accuracy
- You have strong interest in building and administering financial reporting and forecasting systems
- You work with a sense of urgency and take great pride in creating quality and accurate results within deadlines
- You can work independently with limited direction and supervision, within a complex and changing environment
- Like us, you are mission-driven and passionate about providing consumers with more direct and affordable access to their health information.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate the processes and deliverables for the in-depth monthly forecast taking into account historical trends and engagement with various business partners to arrive at the best possible model for expenses, headcount, and capex.
- Partner with Accounting to ensure accurate general ledger and company-wide financial statement reporting.
- Maintain, administer and continuously enhance our cloud-based planning and forecasting tool (Planful).
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting deliverables such as analysis, commentary and presentation materials for various Executive-level meetings.
- Manage ad-hoc analyses and special projects as requested.
- Drive efficiency and effectiveness by streamlining, standardizing and automating processes and reporting requirements.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance or related required. MBA a plus
- Strong understanding of GAAP in a variety of accounting areas
- Experience configuring and managing financial forecasting tool is a plus
- Robust problem solving and analytical skills with a desire to champion improvement projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain an effective working relationships and a positive "can-do" attitude
- Advanced in MS Excel, strong understanding of other MS office and google suite applications
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back