Join our gene pool.
Senior Financial Analyst
Mountain View, CA, United States
This is a very hands-on role supporting FP&A responsibilities and deliverables. Reporting to the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis, this position requires a person who can juggle multiple projects, is extremely detailed/organized and collaborates well with others. Come join our Finance team!
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Coordinate the processes and deliverables for the in-depth monthly forecast taking into account historical trends, engagement with business partners, and various factors to arrive at the best possible model for bookings, income statement, balance sheet, cash flow, headcount and capex
- Monitor and analyze actual vs forecasted transactional detail and financials to provide causes of variances
- Provide financial support for business partners and management through ad hoc and regular analysis to assist with decision making
- Drive efficiency and effectiveness by streamlining, standardizing and automating processes and reporting requirements
- Work independently with limited direction and supervision, within a complex and changing environment to drive delivery of solutions
What you'll bring
- 4+ years’ relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent
- Deadline driven mindset
- Exceptionally detail oriented, analytically driven, organized, with the highest standards of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Extremely curious and creative problem solver that can quickly identify and solve unique issues; is not satisfied with easy or convenient answers; drives issues to root cause
- Strong understanding of GAAP in a variety of accounting areas
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively with staff at all levels
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Non-public company/start-up work experience
- Host Analytics and NetSuite and experience
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.