Join our gene pool.
Software QA Engineer
Mountain View, CA, United States
Do you believe that automated testing is essential for a productive development organization? Are you involved with cutting edge quality techniques and want to take testing to the next level? Do you like building tools to make your life easier? Do you feel comfortable within the world built on Linux, Apache, MySQL and Python? If so, we want to talk with you.
At 23andMe you will join a talented, ambitious engineering team that is creating truly novel technologies and products that will change the way people see themselves and the world. We are seeking experienced software engineers to lead our application's software testing efforts and help us scale our software team.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Help us scale our development team by identifying tools to improve our QA and development efforts
- Work with other engineers to develop and execute test plans
- Support and extend existing validation frameworks
- Design, research and implement code analysis, complexity analysis and validation tools
- Read and understand application code, identify areas of weakness
- Identify bugs in new and existing code, determine root causes, and suggest possible bug fixes
- Working knowledge of Python and/or significant exposure to different programming languages and paradigms
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to achieve your goals
- Excellent ability to create test plans, intuitive understanding of where and how software will fail
- Experience with LAMP stack web application development a plus
- Experience with Jenkins a plus
23andMe, Inc. is the leading personal genetics company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has over 2 million customers worldwide with ~85 percent consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.Note: For this position we are looking for Bay Area local candidates only. Currently, 23andMe is not sponsoring new H1-B visas.