Join our gene pool.
Research & Science
Survey Research Assistant
Mountain View, CA, United States
When told some statistic about American’s opinions on the latest political hot topic, do you immediately wonder how the survey research was designed? Do double-barrelled questions make you wince? Do you believe when it comes to predicting user behavior and reactions, a data-driven approach is the only way to go?
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
We are looking for a new survey research assistant to work on our dynamic and growing data collection team. This person will develop, implement, and test new measures of health conditions and behaviors for internally and externally driven projects. In addition, this person will be involved across the company on user testing, customer feedback surveys, and other related efforts. Make a difference, come join our team!
What you'll bring
- A Bachelor’s degree with exposure to survey methodology such as in Anthropology, Pre-medical studies, Epidemiology, Economics, Biostatistics, Communications, Sociology, Political Science or Psychology
- Strong attention to detail, meticulous, and highly organized
- Prior experience conducting qualitative and quantitative human subjects research
- Flexible and capable of managing multiple projects with overlapping deadlines in a landscape of evolving priorities
- Some familiarity with Python or another programming language
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Strong statistical skills
- Experience with user testing/conducting cognitive or clinical interviews
- Experience in questionnaire design in one or more of the following areas: political polling, attitude assessment, marketing, customer satisfaction, user feedback, or health or psychology research
23andMe, Inc. is the leading personal genetics company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has over 2 million customers worldwide with ~85 percent consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.