Join our gene pool.
Therapeutics - South San Francisco, CA
Scientist, Antibody Engineering
South San Francisco, CA, United States
Who we are
Genetic testing makes it possible for each of us to understand our bodies in ways that were unimaginable only ten years ago. 23andMe continues to lead the way in making this information accessible, understandable and actionable for our customers, most of whom have consented to participate in research. This consumer-driven research model is powered by a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information that has the potential to improve human health through advances in genomics.
23andMe's Therapeutics team is committed to discovering and developing new therapies that can offer significant benefits for patients. This dedicated research and development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database, generates lead compounds for these targets and performs preclinical research to advance programs for clinical development. The team currently has research programs across several therapeutic areas, including oncology, skin, respiratory and cardiovascular disease.
We are seeking an outstanding Scientist with strong expertise in antibody biology, B cell cloning, molecular hybridoma technology, antibody purification and characterization, and therapeutic antibody development process to join a collaborative and cross-functional team responsible for delivering therapeutic antibody candidates for unmet medical needs.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to antibody discovery from B cell and hybridoma cloning
- Develop process to identify affinity matured antibodies through B cell cloning and large scale sequencing
- Contribute to target discovery and development programs
- Collaborate with project leaders to ensure timely progress of antibody development campaigns
- Document and communicate experimental results/project updates to team members and senior staff
- Mentor other researchers
What you’ll bring
- Ph.D. with 5+ years of research experience in Molecular Biology, Protein Engineering or related field or M.S. degree with 12+ years of industry experience
- Proven track record via high quality publications and/or patent applications
- Expertise in protein purification, biochemical/biological characterization
- Highly analytical with excellent trouble shooting skills
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills with an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Expertise in natural antibody repertoire sequence analysis
- Substantial experience and expertise in therapeutic antibody development
- Expertise in application of deep sequencing in antibody engineering and bioinformatics
- Experience in high throughput antibody production and automation
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://mediacenter.23andme.com/therapeutics/.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.