Join our gene pool.
Therapeutics - South San Francisco, CA
Scientist, Antibody Engineering
South San Francisco, CA, United States
Who we are
Genetic testing makes it possible for each of us to understand our bodies in ways that were unimaginable only ten years ago. 23andMe continues to lead the way in making this information accessible, understandable and actionable for our customers, most of whom have consented to participate in research. This consumer-driven research model is powered by a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information that has the potential to improve human health through advances in genomics.
23andMe's Therapeutics team is committed to discovering and developing new therapies that can offer significant benefits for patients. This dedicated research and development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database, generates lead compounds for these targets and performs preclinical research to advance programs for clinical development. The team currently has research programs across several therapeutic areas, including oncology, skin, respiratory and cardiovascular disease.
We are seeking an outstanding Scientist with strong expertise in antibody biology, B cell cloning, molecular hybridoma technology, antibody purification and characterization, and therapeutic antibody development process to join a collaborative and cross-functional team responsible for delivering therapeutic antibody candidates for unmet medical needs.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to antibody discovery from B cell and hybridoma cloning
- Develop process to identify affinity matured antibodies through B cell cloning and large scale sequencing
- Contribute to target discovery and development programs
- Collaborate with project leaders to ensure timely progress of antibody development campaigns
- Document and communicate experimental results/project updates to team members and senior staff
- Mentor other researchers
What you’ll bring
- Ph.D. with 5+ years of research experience in Molecular Biology, Protein Engineering or related field or M.S. degree with 12+ years of industry experience
- Proven track record via high quality publications and/or patent applications
- Expertise in protein purification, biochemical/biological characterization
- Highly analytical with excellent trouble shooting skills
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills with an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Expertise in natural antibody repertoire sequence analysis
- Substantial experience and expertise in therapeutic antibody development
- Expertise in application of deep sequencing in antibody engineering and bioinformatics
- Experience in high throughput antibody production and automation
23andMe, Inc. is the leading personal genetics company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has over 2 million customers worldwide with ~ 85% consented to participate in research. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://mediacenter.23andme.com/therapeutics/.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other class protected by federal, state or local law. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.