Join our gene pool.
Therapeutics - South San Francisco, CA
Sr. Scientific Researcher, Biomarker
South San Francisco, CA, United States
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
We are seeking an outstanding Sr. Scientific Researcher to join a collaborative, cross-functional research team committed to the discovery and development of innovative therapies that can offer significant benefits for patients. Successful candidates will be self-motivated, independent and creative researchers with a high degree of analytical and troubleshooting skills.
What you’ll do
- Independently design and conduct experiments to identify biomarkers for PD and patient selection in late stage therapeutic programs
- Identify suitable reagents and antibodies for FFPE-IHC, FACS, ELISA
- Procure and archive samples from patients and healthy donors (serum, TMA of tumors and normal tissues).
- Optimize IHC and other detection methods for each target and screen disease tissues/tumors
- Optimize PD marker assays suitable to clinical lab platform
- Profile target and key pathway components in primary tumor and blood cells
- Perform multiplex cytokine quantification of serum samples
- Develop and establish a sample tracking system
- Lead activities with CRO for establishing companion diagnostics, including protocol transfers. Interpret, record and present complex experimental data at project team meetings
- Work collaboratively to advance the project to IND and the clinic
What you’ll bring
- Ph.D. in Biology, Cell Biology, Immunology, or related field with 3+ years’ related experience, or MS degree with 7+ years’ related experience, or BS degree with 10+ years of experience with excellent publication and/or patent track record
- Deep experience with developing and optimizing IHC method and staining of human samples
- Hands-on experience with expression profiling of markers on blood cells
- Hands on experience with quantitative profiling of cytokines in multiplexed assays
- Strong technical lab skills such as IHC, FACS, multiplex cytokine assays, western blots, SDS-PAGE, ELISA, and mammalian cell culture
- Excellent critical thinking skills with high degree of innovation
- Highly analytical with outstanding troubleshooting skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Industry experience
- Experience in evaluating human tumor and diseased tissue samples
23andMe, Inc. is the leading personal genetics company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has over 2 million customers worldwide with over 85% consented to participate in research. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://mediacenter.23andme.com/therapeutics/.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.