Join our gene pool.
Mountain View, CA, United States
23andMe is seeking a seasoned, senior financial leader with deep progressive experience in building and leading finance functions to enable growth, achieve milestones and be a catalyst to overall business expansion.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
This role will partner with our CFO, and lead our growing finance team responsible for finance & accounting functions. In addition, you will work closely with our FP&A group to assist in preparing analysis & materials to support our business capital allocation strategies, decision making and our interactions with our Board of Directors & business partners. You will also assist in any merger, acquisition and partnership efforts.
What you’ll do
- Preparation & analysis of results for monthly financials (dashboards, P&L, balance sheet, cash flow, other reporting metrics as required)
- Management of financial accounts and close process including revenues, cost of revenues, operating expenses & balance sheet including reconciliations of accounts
- Assist the Finance team in scoping, designing & developing, and implementing systems, processes and procedures to support growth of the business
- Strategic analysis and consolidation of quarterly financial and operating performance, including trends, business drivers, and variance analysis
- Develop and support external financial institution relationships
- Assist with capital raising / funding requirements / strategic analysis on debt / equity capital markets, capital structure optimization, and M&A / other investment requirements
- Assist with business and financial planning, as well as ad-hoc projects, for senior management and the Board, in order to provide proactive insights and actionable new ways to understand 23andMe’s business performance
- Grow, manage, and mentor Finance team members
What you’ll bring
- A minimum of 10+ years of progressive financial management experience
- M.S. degree in Finance, Economics or highly quantitative degree; CPA preferred
- Experience executing complex transactions and processes including IPOs, debt and equity financings, acquisitions and public company financial reporting
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with stakeholders from various engineering / science / business backgrounds and influence them consistently without authority
- Experience with a fast-paced, always-on, frequently ambiguous start-up environment
- Detail-oriented, organized and resourceful
- Willingness and ability to get hands-on with various systems and tools
- Strong analytical and modeling skills; strong experience with varied systems, and exceptional Excel skills
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, accounting processes, internal controls and systems
- Exceptional communication skills with an ability to coordinate processes across multiple stakeholders and deliver new insights to senior management
- Experience with multi-currency and international accounting consolidation of financials
- Experience with capital structure transactions preferred
23andMe, Inc. is the leading personal genetics company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has over 2 million customers worldwide with ~85 percent consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.