Join our gene pool.
Senior Accounting Manager
Mountain View, CA, United States
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Accounting Manager to join our growing Finance team. This role will require excellent abilities in GAAP, systems, process management and documentation, staff management, and cross-functional project management.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the day to day operations of the General Ledger and Accounts Payable teams, including active management of staff, relationships with internal business partners and external vendors
- Leadership role in designing, implementing, training and maintaining various 3rd party and/or internal systems and integrations, including NetSuite and Concur
- Work with the team to streamline the close process, address challenges in day to day operations, implement improvements via automation, write/create documentation and other enhancements
- Provide technical accounting guidance and write memos as it relates to new business needs and GAAP pronouncements
- Lead the annual financial statement audit and other various external auditors
What you’ll bring
- Own the monthly close process, including managing the General Ledger and Accounts Payable teams, and review of financial statements and key account reconciliations after close
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA preferred
- 7+ years of experience in accounting, including close process and external audits
- 2+ years of management experience
- Very strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
- Advanced Excel user, strong with other Microsoft Office applications and Google suite
- Experience with SOX implementations, ongoing compliance, maintenance and/or controls testing
- Very strong systems experience, fast learner of new systems, ability to identify processes that can be improved through systems
- A proactive self-starter that fixes problems without explicit direction to do so
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to all levels of the company and outside auditors
- Champions projects and implements a model of continuous improvement in both company goals and project-related tasks
- Works with a sense of urgency and possesses self-confidence to be assertive when taking a position, not afraid to make decisions
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.